Chive, I woke up early this morning to the smoke alarm going off, I could smell smoke. Then I saw a huge flame whip by my bedroom window and realized the house was on fire.
No, seriously, my house was burning to the ground.
There goes my bedroom…
I had a camera out in my truck and decided to take these photos. The dogs and cat got out and everybody was OK. Happy Friday and KCCO… seriously.
Two weeks ago, we created a special Star Wars post for a boy name Drake after he was rushed to the hospital when the shunt in his brain malfunctioned. The post caught the attention of George Lucas and we received a phone call early the next morning from PR at the Skywalker Ranch.
They wanted to get in touch with Drake’s mother, Mallory, to send Drake a special package which he received yesterday. A big credit to Lucasfilm for this. When I told them over the phone I’d be happy to run an entire post on what they’re doing for Drake their response was, ” We’re aware of theCHIVE’s reach but that’s not necessary, the only thing we want out of this is to put a smile on Drake’s face, nothing more.” Very selfless of you, George.
Drake is feeling much better, today will be his first full day of school.
These photos torched the internets this week. Her name is Xian and the rest of that white t-shirt is right here. You’re welcome.