Coney Island – Cincinnati, Ohio
An apple orchard was sold to a group of investors back in 1886, and aptly named Ohio Grove, The Coney Island of the West. The name obviously didn’t stick, and was shortened to just ‘Coney Island.’ It lasted until 1968, when Taft Broadcasting purchased the park, and moved all of it’s rides to a newer park they had built. Coney Island closed after the 1971 season, but it still had its water park, which reopened in 1972. In the years since, more rides and attractions have been added to Coney Island.