Each person is unique with their own way of expressing themselves both verbally and through non-verbal cues. There are, however, questions that allow you to read a person on a more fundamental level—which will make your interactions much easier to predict.
• Are they an introvert or extrovert?
• Do they base interactions with others as a starting point?
• How do they handle risk and adversity?
• What fuels their ego?
• How do they react to stressful situations?
• How do they act when relaxed?
Remember that everyone is different and applying these principles may take some time, but with practice you’ll be able to more quickly and effectively apply these ideas and answer these questions, allowing you to communicate more effectively with a wide range of personalities in any situation.