theCHIVE is always striving to make your mobile experience better and better and we are stepping up our game and hiring two in-house developers for iOS and Android. We have been outsourcing development of our apps since day one and we have heard your requests for bug fixes and new additions loud and clear and we’re hitting the accelerator. If interested and qualified for either of the mobile developer positions, please click HERE to learn more.
- If your iOS app is force closing upon opening after the latest revision 1.5, you may have to uninstall and re-install it. We know this is a bitch and not the best workaround, but it will work and it’s a necessary evil. The old version was storing too much information locally on your device and this will essentially “clear your cache” and this is the first and last time you’ll ever have to do this. Click HERE to download v1.5
- A new Android version is coming out by the end of the month
- Animated GIFs! I swear on Mac’s virginity
- The ability to upload photos directly from your phone
- Cross platform sign-on and commenting
- Captions and text will be present on the apps
- The ability to locate and connect with Chivers in the real world (this is why we ask for your location and you’ll be able to turn this feature ON/OFF)
Your suggestions are always welcome and thanks again for your patience. KCCO!