It’s called Angioedema and it’s a form of brutal swelling underneath the skin’s surface with accompanying hives and itchiness. As intimidating as it looks, it’s really only dangerous (sometimes life-threatening) when swelling occurs near the throat, but most of the time it’s harmless and will disappear on its own. It’s caused by an allergic reaction usually to food but in this case, it was grass.
Caitlyn was attending Kendall Calling, a popular music festival in England when the hilarious tragedy unfolded. Thankfully for us, her friends were there to capture the entire incident on this viral twitter thread.