How can I get my fix of theCHIVE??
There are two VERY SIMPLE ways you can access ALL OUR AWESOMENESS:
- Ad-supported: Readers who have ad blockers turned off can enjoy theCHIVE free of charge, because of the support of our lovely, beautiful, charming (and smart!) advertisers.
- Membership: Readers who are both logged into theCHIVE and have subscribed can enjoy an ADS FREE experience on the web, with or without ad blockers. Plus, you’ll be able to enjoy theCHIVE’s app without ads when we roll out that update in a few weeks. This allows you to enjoy theCHIVE long into the night without interruptions, giving yourself the fastest and lightest experience possible while also keeping our editors fed (they get mean when they’re hungry). Simply click here to get started.
What do I get with my membership?
With the membership you get:
- No ads on the web and in-app (coming soon). (Note: as soon as the update is released, you’ll automatically get to enjoy the whole kit-and-caboodle with no additional upgrades or costs or hassle.)
- The ability to enjoy the site with your ad blockers up and your phasers set to KILL.
- Other benefits are also in the works. Hint: one rhymes with shmuge shmirt shmishcounts.
I use an ad blocker. Why do you ask me to turn off my ad blocker or pay for a subscription?
Honestly? Because theCHIVE is an ad-supported site. That means we depend on ad revenue to cover hosting costs, server costs, Mac’s lawsuits, Chivette lotions and exotic oils, and so on. But if you’d like to visit theCHIVE while using an ad blocker and without subscribing, we understand! You can check out our page on turning off ad blockers to do just that.
What about the mobile apps?
In a few weeks, subscribers will be able to enjoy our apps ADS FREE. So if you subscribe now, you will be able to enjoy theCHIVE 100% ads free no matter where you are. Or who you are. <3
What’s an ad?
An advertisement? Simply anything that comes from a 3rd-party server. They can be display (image) ads on the page or video ads before you watch a hilarious video clip.
How much does theCHIVE membership cost?
theCHIVE membership is just $4.99 per month. There are plenty of things that cost more than $4.99 per month, let us list a few:
- An expensive coffee drink
- Some of the *fancier* varieties of organic mac ‘n cheese
- That $6 a month you give to the mob so they don’t break your legs (we’d never do that to you)
Will my subscription auto-renew?
Yes, no need to worry. Your subscription will auto-renew each month, so you can continue to enjoy theCHIVE ads free without having to lift a finger. If for some… very strange reason you want to cancel your subscription or turn off auto-renew, then you can visit your iCHIVE profile settings (more on that below).
What is your cancellation policy?
What? Leave us? Well, we’ll be sad but we’ll be ok. *Sniff*
You can cancel your subscription at any time by:
- Going to your iCHIVE profile settings through the dropdown in the menu, or on iCHIVE
- Select the “Membership” tab
- Turn off auto-renew
If you run into trouble or need technical support, we have IT worker bees who, when they aren’t pollinating computer-flowers, are always willing to help. Please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I don’t want to pay?
If you don’t want to pay, then you can totally do that. Just whitelist our site from your ad blocker or pause the ad blocker entirely. No sweat. Except, I guess, if you’re in a really hot room. Then, maybe a little sweat.
Can I switch my payment method?
Absolutely. Visit your subscription management page and you’ll be able to change it to your heart’s content.
Why was my payment declined?
Uh… it’s not us, it’s you! But seriously: try again. If you’re still having issues, then it could be us. Contact us at email@example.com so we can get you squared away!
Why am I still seeing ads after I’ve paid?
That shouldn’t happen but, if it does, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can check out your account.
How do I change my email address?
It’s so easy, we’ve even trained Mac to do it. Hover over your profile icon on the upper right then select “Settings.” Update your email address in the “email” field then hit “save.” That’s it. See? Simple.
I’ve already purchased a subscription. How do I login?
- Once you’ve completed your purchase, the page you’re on should automatically reload WITHOUT ads. You’re already logged in and have a valid subscription, so you’re good! Go forth and enjoy it all!
- If you return to theCHIVE and see ads, something is horribly, horribly wrong. Just kidding. Simply click the profile icon on the upper right to log back into your account. That should be the end of that.
What if I already have an existing Chivery or iCHIVE account?
If you have an existing account, just make sure to use the same email address associated with that account. We will pass all theCHIVE Membership glory to that account when you sign up.